Thursday, March 22, 2012

READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU WATCH THE VIDEO

Ok. So I may or may not have been a dancer in high school.
I may or may not have kept away from dancing since then.
This may or may not be a terrible representation of what I'm going for here......but.......

Here's what I think. I think Sarah had a BEAUTIFUL idea. I think everyone has their own story to tell. I think everyone has their own interpretation of Shakespeare. And I think we should play off that idea. This is Shakespeare to me:

In our lost play, William the Conqueror pretends like he's a super nice guy, but his heart is evil. He goes into battle with arrogance...then loses. So he's humbled. And then he sets off for the next battle. There's this scene. Where he is totally and completely confused. Contradicted. Humbled. Saddened. 

this. is. my. interpretation.


3 comments:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME! I'm super impressed. I've been meaning for a very long time now to post a video of a sonnet I memorized this semester, but the setting has never been right, and I haven't had time to go record it like I wanted to, but this has inspired me. I'll see if I can't get something up in the next day or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. About a month later, but I just wanted you to know that THIS IS INCREDIBLE. Seriously Chloe. Use to dance? Who are you kidding? You STILL do it :) And you do it well. I LOVED that interpretation. I could totally see the conflict you were describing.
    It takes a lot to put yourself out there like you did. I want you to know that it was appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim: thanks for the kind words. It's cool how we can connect and inspire each other in this class. I love blog!

    Sarah: I feel like we should be friends. Starting.....now. :) Seriously. Also: THANKS! That was a sincere comment. I'm glad you were able to see the conflict I was trying for. It's nice to know that my effort didn't go to waste. <3

    ReplyDelete