Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's about time I do things right

  • SO I may or may not have COMPLETELY misunderstood that we had to go through the Learning Outcomes. So this is me picking up the slack:

  • 1. Gain Shakespeare Literacy
    Demonstrate mastery over fundamental information about Shakespeare’s works, life, and legacy
    a. Breadth READ EACH ASSIGNED PLAY IN IT'S ENTIRETY!!!!!! 
    b. Depth still thinking about which play I want to read after all the assigned ones. Hopefully, one will appear naturally through my analysis.
    c. Performance watch at least one visual representation of each play I read
    d. Legacy (history, scholarship, popular culture) I want to do some heavier research about what OTHER people are saying about Shakespeare. Hopefully, I can choose one main quote from each play and study that part's contemporary work more in depth. Especially on the character analyses I do (see Outcome 2c).
  • 2. Analyze Shakespeare Critically
    Interpret Shakespeare’s works critically in their written form, in performance (stage or screen) and in digitally mediated transformations. This includes 
    a. Textual analysis Psych major. TOTALLY doing character analysis.
    b. Contextual analysis (historical, contemporary, cultural) Research on the time period.
    c. Application of literary theories This one will be a BIG one for me. I want to analyze life themes within and across the plays. I have SO MANY annotations in my book. I intend to link them all together.
    d. Analysis of digital mediations post responses to each movie/play I see
  • 3. Engage Shakespeare Creatively
    a. Performance memorize my pulled quote (see Outcome 1d).
    b. Individual creative work alright. this one is me going out of my bubble......I used to dance....so with my character analysis..............I'm going to try to portray the emotions through dance.   ?????? we'll see how this goes
    c. Collaborative creative project   hhhhmmmm....I'll get back to this one
  • 4. Share Shakespeare Meaningfully
    a. Formal Writing. Develop and communicate your ideas about Shakespeare clearly in formal and researched writing and through a format and medium that puts your ideas into public circulation.
    b. Informal Writing. This mainly means through regular online writing
    c. Connecting. Share one’s learning and creative work with others both in and outside of class.
    5. Gain Digital Literacy
  • Students use their study of Shakespeare as a way of understanding and developing fluency in 21st century learning skills and computer-mediated modes of communication. Those skills are grouped under the following categories.
    a. Consume - Effective and independent selecting, searching, researching, 
    b. Create - Producing content that demonstrates learning and which can be shared for others to profit from.
    c. Connect - Engage with other learners within and outside of the class to develop thinking and share more formal work.
    I guess all I want for these is to really engage in Shakespeare. I want to talk to random people about it like Rebecca did. I want to think about my responses....not just do random blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Nice learning plan! I'm excited to hear your analysis of the characters, mostly because you're a psych major :) This will be fun :)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) hey thanks, Sarah. I appreciate the thought. :) haha I'm going to go look at your blog now. :) haha

    ReplyDelete