Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Tempest

Well, today was a good day: solely because all I did today was analyze the Tempest. Literally. From about 1:00PM to 7:25PM. All things Tempest.

And I must say, enjoyed a lot more than previously hoped for. Good themes. Good lessons. Good emotions. One scene I was literally fighting back the emotions that wanted to come out through my eyes. (I know, I know. I'm a girl. Kill me.) I doubt anyone was actually watching me in the library...but if they were, I bet it was comical. Shakespeare does it again.

I guess what I came up with today was a renewed love for all things exotic. When Professor was talking about going to India and not wanting Mac and Cheese: I TOTALLY knew the feeling.

So this may be un-kosher tangent for this class, but today, Shakespeare reminded me of my love for travel. So: here's to the exotic theme of the Tempest:

Jerus. Going this summer to the BYU center. This will be the view from my balcony.


Ireland/Scottland. My next dream. Why? Because how can you look at pictures like this and not want to be there? I guess I can mostly thank Andrew for the renewal of this dream today.

















Germany/Poland. At Christmas time. Because I heard my sister and my close friend Chanson talk about it enough that I pretty much fell in love as much as they did.


After that....who knows? An island to myself like Miranda? China with my new friend Austen? I guess I'll see. For now? Off to read Henry V. This should be good. Although....I'll probably just wish I was in England.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely know how you feel about traveling. I have always wanted to go visit the British Isles. They seem so beautiful and so . . . I guess the best word is Romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I made it into the blog! :) Yep, Ireland and Scotland are definitely worth seeing. And, since Scotland is mentioned in the beginning of Henry V at the very least (albeit in a bad light), you'll probably have another reminder that you'll want to go there again. :)

    ReplyDelete